Sunday, January 3, 2010

50 Bars in 50 Weeks


Well, a new year is upon us and what better way to celebrate than by ripping off someone else's idea? Last month I stumbled upon Vlad's Website. After reading thru it, I felt that his inspiration should be carried thru this year as well and I'm taking up the torch.

The goal is this: visiting 50 bars I've never been to in the next 50 weeks. Joining me on this quest are my fiance Molly and my partner-in-crime Josh. The rules are elegantly simple; it must be a bar that none of us has been to and we must have one drink in each bar. This blog will be a repository for the stories that happen along the way.

In the immortal words of Admiral Oliver Hazard Perry, "We have met the enemy and they are ours".

4 comments:

schmorgmann said...

Can't wait to live vicariously through you!

Sue-B Wernke said...

Thanks goodness you aren't trying to do 50 bars in 50 days - that is just plain madness!

ThisIsVlad said...

good luck!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad someone is carrying the torch. I was Vlad's partner in crime. Here's to 50 in 50... Cheers...